Monday 8 April 2013

Schooled in Skylander



Last week I had a request to make some biscuits and cupcakes for a Skylander party.  Before I could respond to the request I had to do a rather rapid Google search as to what exactly a Skylander party is.  Once I had the basics down I responded and admitted my complete lack of knowledge.  Not having kids or being a video game player, it’s no wonder I was clueless.  My client quickly filled me in on the intricacies of the game and the rest was up to me.
So I spent an afternoon cutting out a variety of random fondant shapes in the hope that they would fit the bill for this Skylander party.  I’ve never had an order where I really haven’t had a clue if the end product is what was requested.  In the end I was happy with them but there was still a bit of apprehension on my way to deliver.

In the end, my customer was delighted!  Chances of me playing Skylander are still as remote as before, but at least I can say I learned something new!



Skylander cakes
Skylander Cupcakes



Skylander biscuits
Skylander Biscuits on Sticks 

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow those shapes were cut out so beautifully! What a skill you have!

    ReplyDelete